Only three of Adam and Eve’s children are mentioned; Cain Abel and Seth. Cain moves to another land after he kills Abel and marries, so where did his wife come from?
The Gospel Message
- Everyone is a sinner; there are no exceptions (Ecclesiastes 7:20; 1 John 1:8-10; Romans 3:23).
- The punishment for sin is death, both physical and spiritual (Genesis 2:17; Romans 6:23; James 1:15). Spiritual death is a separation from God (Genesis 3:23; Isaiah 59:1-2) also called the Second death (Revelation 21:8).
- God came to earth and lived in the form of Jesus the Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity, and died both physically (John 19:30) and spiritually (Matthew 27:46) and in doing so, paid the penalty for the sins of all people.
- All people who accept Christ’s gift by believing, and are committed to Him, will not die spiritually (Romans 8:10) but will be alive with Him for all eternity (John 3:16, 5:24; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9; Ephesians 2:8-9).
Steps to becoming a Christian
- Admit your need of forgiveness
If we claim to be without sin we are only fooling ourselves and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins. (1 John 1:8-9)
- Believe in Jesus Christ
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. (Romans 10:13)
- Commit yourself to God
Seek God’s will in all you do and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:6)
Please clarify. I bought your second edition of a defence of the bible and your footnote 133 page 56 refers to romans 20:1. The book of romans does not have chapter 20.
Thanks and regards
Thank you for your comment Richard. You are correct, the reference should be to Romans 1:20. It has been corrected for the next printing.
I purchased your book a defence of the bible and it the footnote 133 on page 56 refers to romans 20:1. The book of romans does not have chapter 20. Please clarify
Thanks and regards